Ocean Beach has its own unique style with its mix of 1960’s and 1970’s nostalgia with a mix of everything since.
The pleasurable emotions associated with a desire to go back to a previous era in our history are seemingly fulfilled in Ocean Beach. Many aspects of OB typify ideals and the lifestyle from the 1960’s, 1970’s and other decades in our past. Many restaurants, shops, locals, art and more blend the eclectic essence that is unique to this neighborhood. The friendly culture and relaxed atmosphere present throughout Ocean Beach helps keep this nostalgic vibe ever-present in the community for visitors and locals to enjoy.
OB has many aspects which make it a throwback town to the 1960-1980 Ocean Beach:
- Mix of hippies, war veterans, activists, deadheads, and long-time local residents make up a significant percentage of the population in OB.
- Store and shops that have been around since the 1960’s.
- Many old buildings, businesses, and homes.
- Vibe is very laid-back and people are friendly.
- OB is probably the most dog-friendly neighborhood.