Ocean beach at night is a fantastic place with a blend of colorful surroundings and the serenity of the ocean waves with a well lit pier as the backdrop. The livliness of Newport Avenue with its many bars and restaraunts is a sharp contrast to thee water of the Pacific Ocean crashing into the cool beach sand.. In this beach neighborhood of San Diego you will find a variety of activities going on at night by both locals and visitors. Things you may see happening at night in Ocean Beach:
- Romantic walks on the beach
- Shopping at stores on Newport Avenue
- People fishing on the pier
- Dining at restaraunts
- Dog walking
- Bar hopping, playing billiards, and watching sports on TV
- Live music
- Savoring a slice at Newport Pizza
- Waiting in line to get into Hodad’s
- Sitting on the concrete bench at the corner of Newport Avenue and Abbott Street.
- Walking the pier.
- Looking at tidepools.
- Sitting on the bench at the end of Narragansett Avenue, the one that is perfectly situated on top of the cliff and offers a spectacular view of the pier and the ocean
This is just a small sample of the nighttime activities you will find happening in Ocean Beach every single day.